Other Sites Of Interest
UK Government financial help for disabled people
Safe Space Learning - "OUT OF SCHOOL EDUCATION - We begin with your end in mind. If you are seeking re-integration with formal schooling, we prepare you for that, we keep and catch up with your school curriculum. We work on dyslexia and attentional problems. We can prepare you for regular examinations. We use focused precision teaching and structured group learning."
Single Parent Action Network - "Provides information for all aspects of parenting alone and offers support from single parenting specialists."
Ableize - Disability disabled and special needs health directory products mobility aids and services - "Largest directory of disability and mobility needs. Find health, mobility aids and disabled special needs services. We have disability covered."
Disability Grants - Charitable Funding for the Disabled - "Find disability grants in the UK towards the high cost of having a disability."
Special Friends Online - "A free unique worldwide social networking website for people with Learning/Intellectual Disabilities, their parents, carers, family members and professionals. We aim to open the world of the internet whilst communicating in a safe, fun and interactive way. Safety and security are our main priority and we want to create a safe haven for friendships to grow."
Sibs - "Sibs is the UK charity for people who grow up with a disabled brother or sister. We support siblings who are growing up with or who have grown up with a brother or sister with any disability, long term chronic illness, or life limiting condition."
Zachmed - great new website produced by the son of one of the adders forum admin team - great site to be produced by a young lad so well done to him.
Melody - "a new music group I am setting up for people with learning difficulties (from dyslexia, asperger's, down's, etc). It is a group that provides orchestral/ensemble playing for people who play instruments but may need extra help within the group."
The Calderdale Parent & Carers Council - "are parents working together to create change so all our children and young people can learn, make friends and have a voice and be part of ordinary school and community life. We work with families of children and young people who have special educational /additional needs, are disabled, have emotional and behavioural difficulties or are experiencing difficulties fitting with school or community life for any reason."
Special Families - "My wife and I are in the process of setting up a new website aimed at providing special needs families with a place to find information, news and chat. We have special needs children ourselves and are hoping to share our experience with others"
Cruising Holiday - "At Cruising Holiday we specialise in arranging cruising holidays for people with all types of disabilities including wheelchair users, guests with sensory impairments and guests requiring oxygen, dialysis (including haemodialysis) and CAPD."
Disk Depot - Blank DVD-R, DVD+R, CD-R and more
Runaway Helpline - "We are a confidential, 24 hour freefone telephone helpline and email service for anyone aged 17 or under who has left home, run away or been forced to leave home or care."
'DIVINE INSPIRATIONS' - "Inspirational poetry and music by Mary Hession"
Disability - "Social Security Disability, SSDI, SSI Information and Advice, Tips, and answers for winning disability cases claims and appeals. Complete our free online case evaluation."
Thudguard Infant Safety Hat - "Is your baby at the stage of pulling himself up or learning to walk? Thudguard can cushion his head from, falling back on to hard flooring or when he is learning to walk in and outdoors where there is patio's or play parks."
Fisher Jones Greenwood LLP - is a law firm who have experience in all aspects of the legal system but especially with things like: "We are able to offer free specialist legal advice to those on low incomes or welfare benefits through the Legal Aid scheme."
The Shopper's Market
"Shop, save, earn, contests, freebies, webmaster resources, advice, support & much more!"
Beit Anya Messianic Fellowship - "Welcome - Shalom! This website is the "virtual" information base for our Messianic Congregation established in 1999 under the leadership of Gerry Cohen, a Messianic Jew since 1971. A place to learn, discuss and maybe even disagree.. but always a place of truth."
Pin Action Bowling Game - This is a Bowling Game by Tom who has written to us to say that if anyone purchases this from his site he will give a donation to adders.org so check it out:-) It looks really good to me!
Sinclairs Solicitors - "we are a specialist education law practice with a legal aid franchise in the subject. We are one of the few firms that specialise in both school and Higher Education matters covering support not only for children but to adults." They also work with specialist knowledge of criminal law and medical difficulties. ed.
Benefits and Work - "Welfare benefits and employment law information and links, especially for people with long-term physical or mental health conditions, carers and support workers."
The Allergy Site - "...serves as a resource for all allergy sufferers." Their aim is not to sell products, but to provide information, assistance and access to allergy related products.
Special Needs Assessment Profile (SNAP) - "a new website which will be a major resource for special needs professionals working with 5-14 year olds with specific learning difficulties. It links specifically to the
new, computer-aided Special Needs Assessment Profile (SNAP), while providing a general-purpose resource in which your own organisation and/or materials are referenced, with a web link"
VIPs in SEN - "features a mix of comprehensive information to
help parents and has a campaigning edge for improving provision in special
The Independent Schools Guide - "the Independent Schools Guide and Schools for Special Needs - A Complete Guide, to create a complete on-line directory of over 2300 schools and colleges. Compiled by Gabbitas Educational Consultants this site enables you to search for schools that meet your needs, and includes an introduction to all aspects of independent education"
Inclusive Solutions - "'CIRCLE OF FRIENDS' (1999) by Derek Wilson and Colin Newton. 'Circles of Friends' provides a step-by-step approach to setting up peer supports and harnessing the problem solving skills of the most natural resource available to schools - other children"
Sharing Pensions - "I came to your site today and thought our free resource site about pensions on divorce could be of interest to your visitors. "
Inclusive Science and Special Educational
Needs (ISSEN) - "This is from the ASE/NASEN collaborative project and
features resources, articles, relevant policy statements, and details of the
email discussion group. Please feel free to pass on these details to anyone
who may be interested."
Henry Spink Foundation - "We offer information (fact sheets) on Comp. and alternative therapies. Our aim is to help parents with children with learning difficulties and disabilties. With regards to ADHD we provide information on therapies that may help children who have this condition"
Bullying Online - "The website contains practical advice on a wide variety of topics including internet safety and how to deal with cyber bullying. It also includes information on racist abuse and information on how to deal with bullying outside school."
- "My website AbilityHub is an Assistive Technology related web site for
people with a disability who find operating a computer difficult, maybe
even impossible. AbilityHub is a firm starting point for finding
information concerning Assistive Technology."
- "The world's first interactive behaviour software providing self-counselling to pupils via the computer launches this summer. So often video and film, and within the last eight years, video games have been condemned for teaching young people poor behaviour."
- The National Association for Gambling Care Educational Resources and Training.
"GamCare is gambling neutral. The charity does not wish to restrict the choices or opportunities for anyone to operate, or engage in, gambling opportunities that are legally available in the UK. GamCare has a commitment to promote responsible attitudes to gambling and to work for the provision of proper care for those who have been harmed by a gambling dependency."
HCPT - The Pilgrimage Trust
- HCPT - The Pilgrimage Trust "was formed in 1956 when a young doctor, Michael Strode, took four children with disabilities to Lourdes. From the outset he insisted that they should be treated just like other pilgrims, and should be accommodated in hotels rather than hospitals.
HCPT now takes about 2,000 children aged 7 18 from the UK, Ireland and other countries who have a wide range of disabilities, or who are physically or emotionally deprived or neglected."
- Website of a group of UK Educational Psychologists providing information and consultations via email."...Work with an educational psychologist via e-mail advice and joint problem solving. Problems with: Reading, writing, spelling, specific learning difficulties/dyslexia, behaviour, ADD and ADHD, general learning difficulties, language delay and disorder, physical difficulties, autistic spectrum disorders, other disorders and syndromes."
- UK Branch of the non-profit organisation dedicated to finding a cure for Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB), which is a group of inherited disorders in which the skin and mucous membranes are so fragile that the slightest touch may cause painful blistering. EB, a lifelong disease often present at birth, causes severe physical, emotional and financial hardships for the affected persons and their families.
Coaching Network UK - A portal for information and resources relating to coaching and mentoring including an on-line referral service, books, articles, events and onward links to other useful sites.
EEG Neurofeedback Services - "This is the UK's only
full time comprehensive neurofeedback practice offering treatment as a NHS
service provider or by private referral. As well as treating ADD/ADHD they
have also dealt with a variety of other conditions such as Tics, Dyspraxia,
Dyslexia, Learning Disabilities, Asthma, Epilepsy, etc."
- NLP Education Network. Neuro Linguistic Programming involves the teaching of skills and techniques for analysing, understanding and modelling excellence. NLP is said to be particularly beneficial for sufferers of ADD/ADHD. This organisation runs workshops and provides information and resources for NLP.
The Ability Website
- Ability's Web Site offers an indexed system of thousands of pages giving information and providing hundreds of thousands of links covering most subjects on the Internet, in a format that will help overcome most problems faced by the disabled user and making it incredibly simple to be transparently connected to the relevant sites around the world.
- UK Newspaper covering all disabilities. Online version contains lots of useful information.
Disability Net - Information, useful contact numbers/links on a wide range of disabilities. Has a very useful page on Disability Living Allowance - a benefit which can in some circumstances, be claimed for ADD sufferers.
The Site - The Site is one of Britain's biggest resources for young people on the web with 13213 pages of content. Here you will find organisations nearest to you that you can contact directly - plus publications, fact sheets, features and hotlinks.
The Institute for Neuro-Physiological Psychology (Chester) - An examination of the underlying physical factors which may be responsible for conditions such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, attention deficit disorder (ADD & ADHD), together with a whole range of others specific learning difficulties.
Beads for a cause - Melworks run some beading classes for kids as well as sponsor classes with a preference if the classes are run & organised by hospitals and/or health organisations by donating free tools, beads and supplies for making jewellery.
Guide to Activities for Child Therapy Sessions
Skiing resource for disabled people
Lifts and Other Home Adjustments for Disabled Individuals - "Imagine not being able to access all parts of your home. Imagine not even being able to get through the front door. Every day, disabled individuals find that their homes need to be modified in a way that gives them easier access. These modifications make it possible". Resource suggested to us by Grace.
DisabledTravelers.com - "A resource dedicated to accessible travel information. This new site will provide you with information on businesses from around the world that specialize in disability travel." Check out also the very interesting page on this site entitled Understanding Disabilities , suggested to us by Emily.
Organic Meals Delivered - "Organic Meals Delivered maybe postponed easily for vacations, work travel or personal needs. Let us make a program that is right for you!"
Molly and Sonny Boy - "Molly and Sonny Boy both have A.D.H.D and wrote a song about it! "The A.D.D. Blues," Dr. James Zents (Emergency Room medical doctor) is Sonny Boy, and radio broadcaster/music professor Amy Triebenbach is Molly."
Physician Jobs, Employments Opportunities - "A complete resource of physician employment, physician jobs and different variety of medical, cardiology, medicine jobs available."
Worldlancer.com - "Worldlancer.com global marketplace is the center of business service buyers and freelance business professionals. We have quality freelance programmers,web designers,consultants, writers ,translators and marketing experts at Outsourcing Academy."
K12 Academics - "The Complete Education Resource & Job Advertisement Center for Teachers, Students, Parents, College Education Majors and District Officials involved in the K-12 Education System"
SoberRecovery - "SoberRecovery is a constantly updated library for drug rehabs and residential treatment centers as well as sober living houses. There is help for eating disorders and teen camps and wilderness programs."
Yoga Health Secrets - "Meditation and Yoga Philosophy."
The Bright Side - "a volunteer based non-profit organization, which provides an online community for people who are feeling overwhelmed with life - for whatever reason - where they can find immediate solace, support and resources for self-help."
Kinderstart - Search Engine for information on all things for children
Special Needs, Special Children, Special Help
- Susan DePaola represents parents of children with diabilities in getting services in public schools in Alabama.
- The Eating Disorder Referral and Information Center! is "dedicated to the prevention and treatment of eating disorders. Edreferral.com provides information and treatment resources for all forms of eating disorders. Our goal is to provide assistance, in the form of information and resources, to those suffering with eating disorders to get them started on the road to recovery and healthy living."
Alcoholism and the Family - Website of Barbara L. Wood, PhD. "which is aimed at parents in recovery from alcoholism and other addictions and contains excerpts and downloads from two books that offer strategies for helping children cope with the impact of parental alcoholism "
- A non-profit organisation dedicated to finding a cure for Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB), which is a group of inherited disorders in which the skin and mucous membranes are so fragile that the slightest touch may cause painful blistering. EB, a lifelong disease often present at birth, causes severe physical, emotional and financial hardships for the affected persons and their families.
EEG Spectrum - "Neurofeedback is a learning strategy that enables people to alter their brain waves and exercise the brain's own regulatory mechanisms. Also known as EEG biofeedback, it is used for many conditions and disabilities in which the brain is not functioning as well as it might".
The Chinese Medicine Sampler
- The webmaster informs me that there are Chinese Herbal Remedies for ADD/ADHD. "If you'd like to learn more about Acupuncture or Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine before spending money on treatment, this site is for you. Here you can discover how Oriental Medicine applies to you personally and familiarize yourself with it's basic concepts."
The WatchMinder - The WatchMinderTM is a special purpose wristwatch with time and date functions specifically designed for children and adults with attention disorders. In addition to being a standard watch, it includes:
A silent vibrator alarm system (similar to that of a common pager)
An eight character display for messages
16 daily alarms.
- Comprehensive list of disability Resources in the US.
The Fun Place - A site dedicated to families, providing lots of useful information and the opportunity to 'chat' with others on many different topics including ADHD.
Next Steps Org - the Youth Employment Centre in Calgary, Canada. The YEC and it's website, is a non-profit organization to help youth
between the ages of 15-24 find employment, provide career counselling and to supply information about options after and during school.
TCadastro em Sites de Busca, Otimização, Posicionamento e Cadastro nos Sites de Busca - "Cadastramento em sites de busca, otimização de sites e links patrocinados. Cadastro de sites e posicionamento nos sites de busca."
[Back To Main Links Index]
Join us on.... Twitter Facebook
PomskyHQ.com - A website focused on discussing the designer mixed-breed of dog called the pomsky. It is a mix between Siberian Huskies and Pomeranians. Site contains information about pomsky puppies and breeders as well.