Nutritionist Resource - "The purpose of the site is ultimately to provide the UK with a huge nutrition support network, enabling those in need to find a nutritionist close to them and appropriate for their needs. This is a free, confidential service that will provide those seeking support with all the information they need. Every nutritionist on the site who has submitted their profile has either sent a copy of their qualifications and insurance cover to us, or is registered with a professional body with recognised codes of ethics and practice, this way we can be assured of their professionalism."
EQUIP - "Electronic Quality Information for the Public is an NHS gateway to quality health and social care information for the West Midlands public."
Hypnotherapy Directory - "Provides the UK with a huge hypnotherapy support network, enabling those in distress to find a hypnotherapist close to them and appropriate for their needs. This is a free, confidential service that will provide those seeking support with all the information they need. Every hypnotherapist on the site who has submitted their profile has either sent a copy of their qualifications and insurance cover to us, or is registered with a professional body with recognised codes of ethics and practice, this way we can be assured of their professionalism."
Counselling Directory - "A comprehensive database of UK counsellors and psychotherapists with information on their training and experience, fees and contact details. Counselling Directory only lists qualified/registered counsellors and psychotherapists. Every member must send us copies of their qualifications and insurance cover or must be registered with a recognised professional body."
brain & body nutrition - "Personalised on-line dietary advice from Registered Dietitian, Emma Mills who has a special interest in nutrition and behaviour."
Mobility Smart - "A company that offers everything on the one site, we have all the aids that could help your disability & mobility. A Company that offers advice and where service really matters"
Efamol - Efamol are the manufacturers of Efalex.
Brain & Body Nutrition - "My name is Emma Mills and I am a Registered Dietitian with a special interest in diet and behaviour. I am currently launching a new on-line nutrition consultancy service for individuals who require detailed and personalised dietary advice."
Private Health - "Private Healthcare UK provides access to information about private hospitals, private specialists, private GP's and private medical insurance and to searchable databases of many private healthcare services available in the UK."
Inner Sanctuary - "Website of Lifeline, a UK registered
Charity (No. 298079) that provides support and help to victimes of child abuse, domestic violence and incest."
Road Back To Health - "Medicine for the 21st Century. Fully qualified, registered and insured Homeopath in Seaford, East Sussex"
Self Help UK - "We provide a searchable database of over 1,000 self help organisations and support groups across the UK that provide support, guidance and advice to patients, carers and their relatives"
The Allergy Site - "Avea Organic Public Information Resource"
First Cholice Mobility - "Quality Mobility Products at Discounted Prices"
Nutri People - "...an easy to use search tool to locate their local qualified Nutritionist in the UK"
The Allergy Site - "...serves as a resource for all allergy sufferers." Their aim is not to sell products, but to provide information, assistance and access to allergy related products.
Mywavelength.com - "a website for sufferers and carers of all illnesses to communicate with others from around the world."
DNA Solutions (UK)
- "Giving easy & extremely accurate, DNA testing to the UK."
- "A comprehensive directory of information and web sites for the disabled."
- "A helpline for all hard of hearing and profoundly deaf people. It will be promoted for people to access help in every area of life."
Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital (GOSH).
- Children will be able to get health advice on this new website by Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital (GOSH). The site has been designed by experts at the world-famous hospital and the Institute of Child Health, but is also based on the experiences of children. It is aimed at children aged five to 16, and will have separate areas for young children and teenagers
- "It aims to provide nurses with as much information as possible"
East Kent NHS
- "represents one NHS for the whole of East Kent and therefore
includes, Health Authorities,Community Trust, Hospital Trusts and PCGs etc."
- "Lead Safe Home is a web site about lead poisoning from old lead paint and old leaded water pipes. The web site is still in early days but already linking in many organisations and health related web sites throughout the UK."
The Baby Registry
- "The Baby Registry is a new and independent information service providing free help to parents in the UK. This site is designed and maintained by a group of new parents and filled with the kind of information we found helpful when we were starting out."
The Internet Health Library
- "The Internet Health Library is a FREE independent service designed to enable you to obtain access to news, research and information relating to your health and well being. The Library is updated daily.
Whatever your query, if you want to find out about a particular health problem, natural remedies, alternative and complementary medicine...it is all a click away."
The Health Centre
- Health and medical information and news in the U.K. Includes a comprehensive index of U.K. health sites.
Great Ormond Street Hospital - Family Resource Centre
- Contact details for an information service for parents and families on all kinds of children's illnesses, child health and health promotion.
Boots The Chemist
- Link to the very well known and respected UK Chemist's website. Lot's of family health information.
Patient Information Publications
- This site aims to help non-medical people find information about health issues. Health professionals may also find the information useful.
- "www.medicdirect.co.uk is a free, interactive
website which provides a complete health information resource for both
consumers and medical practitioners. The site is hosted by 26 leading
specialists in the field of medicine; these consultants also comprise the
majority shareholders in the company."
Internet Health Directory - A very comprehensive directory of health and medicine web links
The South African Medical Association
- "This site is here to provide the medical practitioner with information to equip them for the road ahead." Contains many online forums for discussion of a wide variety of medical topics, including an ADD/ADHD forum hosted by Dr.Billy Levin.
Magalies Ibogaine Wellness Centre
"We have successfully treated below diseases with an over 95% success rate. Iboga has been used by people with: Addiction, Anxiety, Burn Out, Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar disorder, Depersonalization Disorder, Body Dysmorphic Disorder, Mental/Emotioal Abuse Issues, Mood Disorders, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Severe Mental Blocks, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Childhood Emotional Trauma. And those with Physical Health Problems: Hepatitis, Herpes, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Auto immune Conditions, Human Papiloma Virus (HPV), Chronic Infections, Aerotoxic Syndrome, Chemical Toxicity, Heavy Metal Toxicity, Arthritis, Physical Stress, Eczema, Lupus, Blood Clots, Parkinsonâ€™s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, and Infertility."
Spanish Medical Translations - "We are a Spanish Medical Translation agency, a subsidiary of ACR Systems Inc., founded in 1982."
Child & Youth Health - "Welcome to the Child & Youth Health website The online resource for the latest news on parenting, child and youth health."
Age Well Solutions "Dr. Kim Crawford designs a better health and life plan for you to get more energy, improve your mood, lose weight, get deep and restful sleep, and more!"
Drug treatment facility "Drug Rehabilitation Network is your best chance at long term sobriety, and that means finding the best treatment facility to suit your every need."
Nursing school - "Nursing schools and nursing colleges directory."
Family fun abilities - "offers family fun and family health resources for families with disabilities."
Physician Jobs, Physician Employment Opportunities and Health care jobs Resources - "Looking for thousands of online Physician employment, Physician recruiters, medical jobs, Medical transcription jobs specializing with health care physician employment candidates."
Everyday Health - "An independent and unbiased site where you can rate the effectiveness of treatments for specific health problems."
Afraidtoask.com - "Afraidtoask.com currently offers eight medical information guides online, with many more under development. Thousands of men and women have already used the web site to get up-to-date information on sexually transmitted diseases, hair loss, bowel movements, birth control, skin cancer, Lyme disease, and male and female physical anatomy.
Board- certified physicians supervise all content development."
- A guide to online resources on diseases, disorders and
chronic illness, including medical news, articles and information,
newsgroups and message boards, books, links to disease-related websites and
- A 'virtual medical clinic', providing information on a wide range of medical topics including ADD.
MIC-KIBIC at the Karolinska Institute
- The link here is to the 'Behavioural and Mental Disorders' page of this site, with lists of appropriate resource links.
- NetWellness is a Web-based consumer health information service developed by the University of Cincinnati Medical Center with many partners. The medical centers at Case Western Reserve University and The Ohio State University collaborate with the University of Cincinnati to provide the most current and accurate health information. Has an "Ask the Expert" facility, where you can ask questions about health related matters including ADHD.
Cerebral Palsy Source - "My goal here is to supply the most resourceful website dedicated to this under-recognized condition - a dependable one-stop site for persons looking to gain education, support and legal help. As you know, people who are diagnosed, or are friends and relatives of people with cerebral palsy, need a community with trustworthy resources and a place to discuss anything from coping, to real day to day activities, get newsworthy medical updates, and more"
Prince Edward Island Council of the Disabled
- "The PEI Council of the Disabled is the voice of Islanders with disabilities.
The Council was formed in 1974 by concerned people with disabilities. Its
original mandate was to speak out on issues such as housing, education,
employment, transportation, human rights and access to support services, all
of which it continues to address today."
- Website designed to help physicians cost-effectively harness the resources of the Internet and the World Wide Web.
[Back To Main Links Index]
Join us on.... Twitter Facebook